Thursday, July 21, 2011

Beef & Sausage Stuffed Shells

I absolutely love noodles, so I decided to experiment and make some stuffed. Usually you would stuff noodles with cheese but I decided to use ground beef and italian sausage and top it off with mozzarella cheese.
Beef & Sausage Stuffed Shells
Jumbo Shells (12oz box)
1 1/8lb. ground beef 73/27
4 links sweet italian sausage
1/2 medium onion
1 can Hunt's basil, garlic, and oregano tomatoes
1can Hunt's garlic and onion tomatoes
salt and pepper
mozzarella cheese, shredded

I started out by getting the noodles going on the stove, while browning the beef and sausage. After the meat was browned I put in the onions and tomatoes and let cook for about 10 minutes. Drain the noodles and put them on a large cookie sheet. Drain the meat, tomatoes, and onions and stuff in noodles. Sprinkle the desired amount of mozzarella cheese on top and bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment