Monday, July 18, 2011

Simple Weekends

My family and I had a weekend full of fun! My friends Amanda, Cory, Kat, and Bruce came over Saturday night to celebrate Amanda graduating from cosmetology school. Kat and Bruce brought there daughter Annabella, and Katelynn absolutely loved that. We decided to make fried drumsticks for everyone, and I made a sauce to toss them in. It is extremely simple and ANYONE can make it.

Sunday, Kat, Bruce, and Annabella spent the day with us, and we decided to make ice cream and watch movies. Kat and I went to the store and picked up some things to make our ice cream even better. You know, the good stuff, caramel, nuts, butterscotch syrup, chocolate hard shell, cherries, and whipped cream. While we made the ice cream the children played and by the time the ice cream was done they were absolutely exhausted, so we all sat down and ate some ice cream while watching The Social Network. Sadly I'm not the genius behind the ice cream recipe. It's Kat's family recipe but I just had to share it with everyone because it was so amazing! I, of course, asked if I could make the recipe public and thank God they approved. :)

The weekends recipes:
Fried Chicken Sauce
1 cup hot sauce
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/6 cup worcestershire sauce

Vanilla Ice Cream
Ice cream maker
ice
ice cream salt
4 eggs
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 qt whipping creme
1 tbsp vanilla
milk to the fill line after you
 incorporate the other ingredients

The ice and ice cream salt goes on the outside of the container the ice cream goes in. Once it stops spinning, your ice cream is ready! :)

I can't wait to try more recipes and let you in on all my little secrets. I will be posting again really, really soon. :) :)  I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment